Albino Blue Angelfish *Rare*
This awesome angelfish variety develops a striking bright blue/turquoise sheen as it matures!
The Albino Blue Pinoy Zebra Angelfish (Pterophyllum scalare), also known as the Philippine Albino Blue Pinoy or Cobalt Angelfish, is a very in-demand color variant of the classic angelfish. Juveniles often do not display the blue/turquoise coloration, but will develop it generously as they grow and approach maturity. This shoaling cichlid is relatively peaceful compared to other members of the cichlid family. It also has a very thin, tall body unlike most other cichlids. The Blue Albino Pinoy Zebra Angelfish is indigenous to several river systems in Northern South America, but virtually all specimens in the aquarium hobby have been tank-raised for generations.
The Albino Blue Pinoy Zebra Angelfish will thrive in a heavily planted aquarium with driftwood and/or rock formations and gentle water flow. It is not overly reclusive, but this fish strongly prefers the cover of plants and, due to its body shape, is not likely to seek refuge in rock caves and similar structures. The Albino Blue Pinoy Zebra Angelfish is generally compatible with other peaceful fish as long as it has plenty of space. Territoriality is typically at its peak during spawning. Dwarf shrimp and other small, delicate invertebrates should not be kept with the Albino Blue Pinoy Zebra Angelfish, but more durable, larger shrimp and snails could possibly make good tankmates in a large enough aquarium. If spawning is desired, tankmates of other species should be kept to a minimum or avoided altogether unless the aquarium is very spacious.
Feeding is simple for the unfussy Albino Blue Pinoy Zebra Angelfish. High-quality dry, frozen, and live foods will all be readily accepted. Quality and variety are the keys to a diet that will ensure that this fish maintains optimal health and coloration.
What We Like About This Fish:
- Very elegant appearance and behavior
- Incredible blue coloration in adults with lovely Red eyes
- Possible to breed in the aquarium
- Excellent centerpiece fish for the heavily planted aquarium
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 76° - 86° F (24° - 30° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 7.4
- KH: 0 – 15 KH
- Minimum tank size: 40 gallons for a pair, but a larger tank is required for a group. The tall body shape of this fish must be considered regarding the height of its tank.
- Diet: Omnivorous. A variety of high-quality dry, frozen, and live foods is necessary for optimal health and coloration.
- Social behavior: Shoaling. Generally peaceful, but can be territorial during spawning.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Northern South America
- Average adult size: 6 inches (15 cm) long, 8 inches (20 cm) tall
- Average purchase size: 1 – 1.5 inches (2.5 – 3.8 cm)
You may also like
Koi Ghost Angelfish Large
Rs. 180.00 Rs. 400.00
WA Remora fish feed, 100 gm
Rs. 50.00 Rs. 80.00
Platinum Angel Small
Rs. 80.00 Rs. 140.00
Mix Angel Small
Rs. 65.00 Rs. 80.00
OUR BRAND PROMISE
Trust and convenience of ethical, healthy, and sustainable pets, pet accessories, and pet-care solutions. Best4Pets is the fruit of labour and love. Brought to you by a collective of experienced pet-lovers, citizen scientists, and hobbyists. We believe - Pets are simply the best.