Yellow Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi)
Yellow shrimp are a higher grade of Neon Yellow Shrimp that feature a brilliant, neon yellow "racing" stripe down the back. Their gorgeous coloration draws the eye directly to these dynamic little shrimp and adds charm and cheer to any aquarium set-up. These shrimp look great, clean your tank, and are a blast to watch! They are very active and breed quickly.
We generally ship young adult shrimp that are already of breeding age. Yellow Shrimp are fairly adaptable creatures that can live in almost any freshwater aquarium with the right water parameters. Younger shrimp may have not reached their full potential yet and will grow into a bright yellow colour as long as they are comfortable in the tank. Lower intensity lighting and dark substrate also helps them achieve the most vibrant yellows.
What We Like About This Shrimp:
- Bright and cheery yellow coloration with iridescent stripe down the back
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tank mates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons, recommended 10 gallon minimum for a colony
- Temperature: 64° - 78° F (17.8° - 25.5° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.5
- dGH: 6 - 15
- dKH: 0 - 10
- TDS: 180 - 400
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can befed multiple times daily.
- Social behaviour: A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
We Also Recommend
Green Shrimp / Caridina babaulti