Threadfin Acara 2inch
The Threadfin Acara Cichlid (Acarichthys heckelii) is a favorite among many cichlid enthusiasts due to its generally peaceful disposition and vivid coloration as it matures. Adults have high amounts of iridescent blue-green and bright yellow markings along with red, orange, and violet highlights, especially in males. This Amazon native can often be kept in groups and/or community tank setups with many other species.
The Threadfin Acara Cichlid will thrive in an aquarium with a sandy substrate and plenty of refuge such as clay pots, driftwood, and rock formations. It typically will not eat ornamental plants, but it does like to do a fair amount of digging, so plants that attach to driftwood and rockwork are recommended. This cichlid is generally compatible with other peaceful fish too large to be considered prey. Territoriality is typically at its peak during spawning. Dwarf shrimp and other small, delicate invertebrates should not be kept with the Threadfin Acara Cichlid, but more durable, larger invertebrates such as snails could possibly make good tankmates in a large enough aquarium. If spawning is desired, tankmates of other species should be kept to a minimum or avoided altogether.
Feeding is simple for the unfussy Threadfin Acara Cichlid. High-quality dry, frozen, and live meaty foods will all be readily accepted. Supplemental vegetable matter is also required. Quality and variety are the keys to a diet that will ensure that this fish maintains optimal health and coloration.
We are offering young specimens of this magnificent fish. They are already displaying superb coloration for their size.
What We Like About This Fish:
- Beautiful multi-coloration and finnage
- Very hardy with plenty of personality
- Easy to breed in the aquarium
- Compatible with many other species in a spacious tank
- Potential to be a "centerpiece" fish
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperatre: 75° - 86° F (24° - 30° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 7.2
- KH: 0 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 75-90 gallons for a pair
- Diet: Mostly carnivorous. A variety of high-quality dry, frozen, and live meaty foods is necessary for optimal health and coloration. Some vegetable matter is also beneficial.
- Social behavior: Congregates loosely in groups. Can be territorial during spawning.
- Origin: Colombia, Peru, Brazil
- Average adult size: Up to 8 inches (20 cm)
- Average purchase size: 2 - 2.5 inches (5.1 - 6.4 cm)
You may also like
Rs. 250.00 Rs. 290.00
AQA Cichlid Colour Enhancer, 100 Grams
Rs. 210.00 Rs. 450.00
Yellow Lab 2"
Rs. 110.00 Rs. 125.00
Albino Oscar Cichlid
Rs. 225.00 Rs. 500.00
Green terror cichlid 2-2.5"
Rs. 110.00 Rs. 125.00
Red Shoulder Severum A Grade 4inch
Rs. 500.00 Rs. 1,050.00
OUR BRAND PROMISE
Trust and convenience of ethical, healthy, and sustainable pets, pet accessories, and pet-care solutions. Best4Pets is the fruit of labour and love. Brought to you by a collective of experienced pet-lovers, citizen scientists, and hobbyists. We believe - Pets are simply the best.