Orange Shrimp (High Grade)
These shrimp look great, clean your tank, and are a blast. Orange Shrimp are very similar to the prolific Red Cherry Shrimp, but their coloration is a sunny, delightful yellow-orange. They are very active and breed very quickly.
Add some color and excitement to your aquarium with Orange Shrimp! These shrimp look great, clean your tank, and are a blast to watch! Orange Shrimp are very similar to the prolific Red Cherry Shrimp, but their coloration is a sunny, delightful yellow-orange. They are very active and breed very quickly. A colony of these shrimp works as a very effective cleaning crew for your aquarium, cleaning up algae and waste.
These are freshwater shrimp and can live in almost any freshwater aquarium. They are very popular for planted tanks and community tanks, and many people use them in large aquariums for waste management and algae control. We generally ship young adult shrimp that are already of breeding age.
Orange Shrimp belong to the same species as Red Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi), so their care requirements are essentially the same. All Orange Shrimp are extremely adaptable creatures that can live in almost any freshwater aquarium. Our shrimp ship out as breeding age young adults that are about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch in length. Some of the younger shrimp have not reached their full potential yet and will grow into a bright orange color as long as they are comfortable in the tank. Lower intensity lighting and dark substrate also helps them achieve the brightest orange.
What We Like About This Shrimp:
- Unique, bright orange coloration
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Temperature: 64° - 84° F (17.8° - 28.8° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.5
- KH: 0 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred , but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 3/4 inch (1.3 - 1.9 cm)
We Also Recommend
Green Shrimp / Caridina babaulti