The Bubble Eye goldfish is sometimes also called the Water-Bubble Eye goldfish and has the scientific name, Carassius auratus auratus.
The most intriguing feature of the Bubble Eye Goldfish is its bubbles. The bubbles on this goldfish begin to develop when it is 6-9 months old, leading to the name Water-Bubble Eye. By the time these goldfish are 2 years old, the bubbles are very large. These water-filled bubbles actually get so big that they can even make it difficult for this fish to see and swim
Besides its infamous bubbles, the Bubble Eye Goldfish is one the most unique-looking of the goldfish varieties. the Bubble Eye Goldfish is dorsal-less, so it does not have a fin on the top of its back.
The Bubble Eye Goldfish, also known as the Water-Bubble Eye Goldfish, was developed in China. It is one of the more than 125 captive bred fancy goldfish varieties.
What We Like About This Fish:
- Peaceful and hardy addition to goldfish tanks and some ponds.
- Very active
- Unique appearance as well as plenty of personality.
- Diet: Omnivorous, should be fed relatively low-protein foods designed specifically for goldfish
- Social behaviour: Social with other goldfish
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- pH level range: 6.0 – 8.0 (flexible as long as sudden changes are avoided.)
- Temperature range: 65° - 72° F (18° - 22° C)
- KH: 5 - 19 dKH
- Minimum tank: This fish should be given the largest tank with best filtration possible.