JBL Iron Test Fe
Quick test to determine the iron content in freshwater/marine water aquariums & ponds, Iron Test Fe.
- Simple and reliable monitoring of the water values in aquariums/ponds. Determines the ideal iron value in fresh and marine water
- Laboratory comparator system to compensate the inherent water colour: fill plastic cuvette with sample water, add reagent to both cuvettes, place cuvettes in holder, read values off colour chart
- Use: 1 x after setting up a new aquarium, afterwards weekly. In case of green algae problems or when plants don’t grow properly
- You will find detailed information and troubleshooting tips about water analysis on the JBL website in Essentials/Aquarium or Pond
- Package contents: 1 iron quick test for approx. 50 measurements, incl. reagent, 2 glass vials with screw caps, syringe, comparator block and colour scale. Reagent refill separately available.
Healthy aquarium/healthy pond with conditions close to nature
The right water values are dependent on the fish stock and the plants in the aquarium/pond. Even if the water looks clear it can be contaminated. With bad values diseases or algae can appear in the aquarium/pond. To maintain a healthy aquarium/pond with conditions close to nature it is important to check and adapt the water values regularly.
For each water analysis JBL provides water tests in the form of quick tests or colour change tests. These determine a certain value or several values in one go. With these water tests you can recognise algae problems and negative nitrate, nitrite, potassium, magnesium values etc.
In addition to a sufficient CO2 supply, iron and trace elements are essential for water plants. Strongly growing aquatic plants permanently need iron and other trace elements, and these are only durable for a limited period during the coupling to so-called chelates, a common feature in modern fertiliser preparations (e.g. JBL Ferropol, JBL Fe +Microelements), so regular monitoring with the JBL Iron Test Fe is needed, along with repeated fertilisation if necessary. Pond owners should check their well water for iron before using it for their pond. Too high iron content can lead to problems in the pond.
Recommended iron contents:
Freshwater aquarium (community aquarium): 0.05-0.2 mg/l
Lake Malawi/Lake Tanganyika aquarium: 0.05-0.2 mg/l
Plant aquarium with few fish (aquascaping): 0.1-0.5 mg/l
Marine aquarium: 0.002-0.05 mg/l
Pond: 0.05-0.1 mg/