The Crimson Loach (Schistura sp. Crimson), is a long-time favourite for the community and planted aquarium. Which is a brown to burgundy colour covered with bright orange stripes. Native to Kerala, southern India. (possibly other nearby areas), the Crimson loach The pH of these waterways can be excessively acidic due to a great deal of dead leaves and other decaying plant matter. This shy fish can be sensitive during shipping and when initially introduced to a new tank. It must be provided with a great deal of cover and refuge in order to feel secure. It also must be kept in groups of at least 6 or more. As with most fish. It also requires a clean, well-maintained aquarium. Crimson loach is typically an unfussy eater that will accept most sinking foods, but it should also be offered live or frozen foods of appropriate size. It will maintain its best health and coloration with a varied diet of high-quality meaty foods.
What We Like About This Fish:
- Resembles a tiny eel in appearance and motion
- Highly unique freshwater specimen
- Safe with plants
- Completely peaceful
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 70° - 79° F (21° - 26° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 7.0
- KH: 2 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 20 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger/Micropredator. Prefers sinking pellets, but will also accept most flake foods and algae wafers, and should also be provided with live/frozen foods such as freeze-dried daphnia, bloodworms, tubifex, etc.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. Must be kept in groups of 6 or more
OUR BRAND PROMISE
Trust and convenience of ethical, healthy, and sustainable pets, pet accessories, and pet-care solutions. Best4Pets is the fruit of labour and love. Brought to you by a collective of experienced pet-lovers, citizen scientists, and hobbyists. We believe - Pets are simply the best.